Mumbai Indians registered their 3rd win of IPL 2021 in their last match against RR in Delhi. It was a convincing win for the defending champions who chased down 172 runs with 7 wickets in hand. A run-chase and a batting-friendly track are just what MI needed to get back to winning ways.
The pitches at this venue seem to have improved a lot from previous seasons and a decent bounce is on offer for the fast bowlers. While Rohit Sharma is still toiling to find his rhythm, Quinton de Kock’s return to form is a positive sign for Mumbai. Pandya brothers and Kieron Pollard who struggled to get going at Chepauk will be eager to free their arms and hit the long ball in the death overs.
Chennai Super Kings are on song with 5 back to back wins after a loss in their opening match of the season. The two openers are among the most impactful players for CSK this season. Moeen Ali has played his role of a pinch hitter at number 3 while Jadeja and Rayudu have delivered in the death overs as finishers.
Where? – Arun Jaitely Stadium, Delhi
When? – 1st May 2021, 7:30 PM IST
Who will win? – Mumbai Indians are slightly ahead in the contest with a 53.7% win probability.
Who are the impact players ?
- CSK openers, Faf du Plessis and Ruturaj Gaikwad have scored 50+ run partnership on their last 3 outings. (129, 74, 115).
- 10Cric offers 2.00 odds for CSK to score the highest opening partnership.
- Jasprit Bumrah has been very economical while Rahul Chahar is the 3rd most wicket-taking bowler of the season with an average of 15.45.
- The team top bowler market offers odds of 3.25 and 3.60 for Burmah and Rahul Chahar respectively.
- Quinton de Kock vs Moeen Ali – 13 Innings, 129 Runs, 81.13 Strike rate, and 6 dismissals
- Faf du Plessis vs Trent Boult – 16 Innings, 23 Runs, 59.13 Strike Rate, and 3 dismissals
- Kieron Pollard vs Lungi Ngidi – 3 Innings, 6 Runs, 50 Strike Rate, and 2 dismissals